Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Creepy Photography #1

I know I'm not the only one who's noticed that most fashion/advertising photography involving women tends to look like it was done by a latent serial killer. Heck, Ms. Magazine's No Comment section has been posting examples for years.

Lately, though, it seems like every time I open a magazine there's at least one gratuitous example of an ad that is either over-sexed, murder-y, or both. I've decided to start keeping track of them for my sanity's sake, because I've had people look at me like I'm delusional when I point it out.

Today's photo is from Lucky Magazine. Maybe I've been watching a little too much Criminal Intent, but this reminds me of a crime scene. You've got a faceless victim, laying on the floor, surrounded by debris:


No comments:

Post a Comment