Thursday, March 7, 2013

Awesome Things: #2 (Gelatin Flowers)

I was both honored and humbled to be able to attend one of the Las Comadres comadrazos this past weekend. These Las Comadres events bring professional Latina women from all over the country to meet, make connections, and bond.

One of my favorite parts (other than the panels) is the exhibitor tables that are set up all around the main conference floor room. There were so many hispanic- and woman- run businesses to see, and most of them were completely new to me.

I was completely surprised by the table for Gelatin Flowers. Gelatin Flowers is, well, exactly what it sounds like: This company makes adorable, edible flowers in convenient little containers. I never thought I'd use the words "delicate" and "gelatin" in the same sentence, but just look at what they can create with what is essentially jello:


Beautiful. I graduate with my Master's this May, and I've been trying to think of something cute and summery to give as a parting gift for my guests. These gelatin flowers seem kind of perfect for the occasion:



*Sigh* Okay, enough time staring at tasty treats - I have classwork to complete if I'm actually going to make it out of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment